Sweet Potato Nachos
We love taco night, and this is a quick and delicious option, that's an easy family favorite, always popular around our house!!
- • 4 medium sized sweet potatoes
- • 1.5 Tablespoons olive oil
- • 12-16 oz. ground turkey
- • 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- • 1 can black beans, rinsed
- • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- • 1/2 cup diced black olives
- • 1 cup diced grape tomatoes
- • 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- • any other veggies you want
- • 1/2 cup water or chicken broth
- • salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2 Slice sweet potatoes 1/8" thick. Place in a bowl and toss with olive oil. Place on a baking pan,
- and roast for 15 minutes. Broil on high for 2 minutes to get them crispy, slightly longer if needed. Depending on how many you have, you might have to do
- two shifts of roasting potatoes.
- 3 While roasting sweet potatoes, brown ground turkey in a skillet over medium heat. Once cooked
- through and crumbled, add 2 tablespoons taco seasoning and 1/2 cup water. Mix thoroughly and
- simmer until water is gone. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 4 Once potatoes are done, place them all on a greased roasting pan. Layer with beans, taco meat,
- veggies and cheese.
- 5 Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.